If you are coming into our office for treatment, we want you to be assured that we have always followed standard universal precautions issued by the CDC and ADA to help protect every one of our patients and team members from the many infectious diseases that we are potentially exposed to on a daily basis. For your peace of mind, these are the precautions we take EVERY time you sit in one of our patient chairs:
- We wear single-use gloves and masks while treating patients.
- We wear full length sleeves.
- We place instruments after each use into an autoclave (a high-pressure steam oven) to kill every known infectious organism, including coronavirus.
- We wipe down each dental operatory after each patient visit with a medical-grade surface disinfectant that kills all known infectious diseases, including coronavirus.
- We wash our hands thoroughly between each patient.
In addition to the above standard measures, we will be exercising a higher than normal level of infection-control and social distancing. And while we love and value each of our patients, handshakes and hugs may be replaced with an “elbow bump” for the time being.